Mar 26, 2007

Abortion or $500


A Texas legislator is proposing that pregnant women be offered $500 to NOT have an abortion. Republican State Sen. Dan Patrick thinks that the money might convince women to have the child, and then give it up for adoption. Now, while this may not sound like a bad deal, check this out: you'd think they'd give you the $500 so that you'd be able to afford living expenses during the 9 months, a bit better. But no! The money is paid within 30 days of the child being adopted. Well... I guess I can understand that there is a trust issue with giving out $500 before the child is born. I don't mean to sound harsh, but 9 months of carrying a child that I don't intend on keeping is worth WAY more than $500 to me. I know that sounds bad, but its true. Anyways. Read more here

No comments: